Address:
Bank House
16, High Street
Tenby
Pembrokeshire
SA70 7AZ
Telephone:
01834 842105 / 01834 844789
Email:
info@morris-brothers.co.uk
Opening Times:
Jan-Apr 1st 9am-5pm
Apr 1st - Dec 31st 9am-5.30pm
Bank Holidays 10am-4pm

Morris Brothers service since 1866  



 
Morris Brothers was established in 1866 when three brothers who had been Managers of departments in an agricultural supplier in Haverfordwest moved to Tenby and bought an existing shop in St Julian St. Tenby.  



They quickly established a thriving store as Tenby was a popular destination for Victorian visitors who used the recently completed railway line with London. 
 


Fishing tackle and sporting equipment soon became an important addition to the ironmongery and household goods sold from the store and in 1902 a shop and apartment above was built in the last available plot in St Julian St, this was called Troy House.



As the brothers passed away the original shop was sold and is now the popular Hope & Anchor pub and the new shop was run until 1939 when it was purchased by Frank & Francess Lewis.



The business grew and in 1950 a second store was rented in the town. In 1957 the Bank House store in the centre of Tenby was purchased.


 
The business has been a Calor Gas main agent since the late 1940's and continues to be so to this day. The current stock runs at over 16,000 different lines and the stores continue to evolve with a variety of well known branded goods and are well supported by our regular visitors and towns folk.
 



The shops continue to be run by the Lewis family with Howard Lewis taking a back seat as the next generation of the family, daughter, Katherine Lewis takes a greater role in the day to day running of this busy company.